No more second guessing, accurately determines the exact sized extender you need. Color coded to 11 sizes. Our Extenders for Graphite / Steel Golf Shafts fit virtually all graphite shaft as well as the most popular steel shaft sizes.
High-quality nylon blended plastic is designed to extend one club (maximum 2" for swing clubs). We recommend high strength shafting epoxy to secure extension into butt end of the shaft and then cut to length once epoxy is cured. Extenders can be sanded down (generally no more than 0.020") to fit smaller openings. Will work graphite shafts as well as the 3 largest models will fit 0.560", 0.580" and 0.600" steel shafts respectively.
The Graphite Golf Shaft Measuring Gauge helps simplify and determine the correct shaft extension for the job. It can help minimize labor and maximize fit in lieu of a caliper. Color coded to 11 sizes. Fit virtually all graphite shaft as well as the most popular steel shaft sizes. To use, simply insert the gauge into the butt end of the shaft you wish to extend without forcing it in. When the gauge stops you identify the color just above the butt of the shaft and order or choose the correct size shaft extender to do the job correctly.
Please use for extending 24h Epoxy.
Tips to Extending Graphite And Steel Golf Shafts
- Always epoxy the shaft extension in place, do not rely on a pressure fit.
- Lightly abrade the insertion end prior to installation to give the epoxy a better hold.
- Make sure the transition step fits tightly against the very end of the shaft and there is no gap. This will allow for 2? of insertion depth.
- Once the golf shaft epoxy has cured, cut the butt end to the desired golf club length with a friction or hack saw. NOTE: Never extend a graphite or steel shaft more than 2? (unless it is a putter shaft). Any more may cause premature failure due to stress where the extension is made. If you need longer golf clubs (greater than 2?) it is best to re-shaft rather than risk using one of these graphite golf shaft extensions. The same goes for any commercially available steel shaft extensions.
- Never extend a golf club that already has been extended previously.